Since my little boy was born we decided on a rocket theme for his nursery. I got him the Space Rockets Bedding set from Dwell Studio. It looks something like this:
I designed his birth announcement around this theme. It can be found for sale on Zazzle. Just click on the birth announcement and it will take you to my Zazzle website.
I few months ago I made a Space Rockets Nursery Mobile for my little man. It’s for sale on Etsy. Just click on the picture and it will take you to my Etsy website.
Now to match my baby’s Space Rockets Bedding Set, Birth Announcement and Mobile, I created a “rocketman” T-shirt for him. First I experimented with printable T-shirt transfer, but that didn’t turn out so good. After some research, I decided on the Easyweed Vinyl Heat Transfer. I bought 3 different colors: blue, brown and green.
Here’s how I did it and how it turned out!
1. I created my design in Silhouette Cameo Designer Studio Edition. Don’t forget to mirror your image.
2. Then cut each different color. The settings I used are for the Silhouette Smooth Heat Transfer Material (Speed 8, Thickness 4, Blade 2)
3. Load your Easyweed Vinyl Heat Transfer into your Silhouette Cameo with shiny side down…and cut!
4. Start weeding! Remove the area’s from the Vinyl that you don’t want to transfer.
5. Layout on your T-shirt. Iron the area on the T-shirt first to get out any wrinkles and moisture.
6. Iron 15 seconds one section at a time on the cotton setting.
7. Peel away and VOILA!